Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The return of the copy and paste Facebook status

It had been a while.

Things were quiet.

I only saw things worthy of a Failbook post every once in a while, otherwise it was the ordinary mix of personal statuses, silly pictures, religious/political spam and game posts.

And then, it happened again.

This one is about a "legal notice" that you post as a status that is supposed to "protect your account" . Huh ?
http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/privacy.asp

This one is about people unclicking the "Comments and likes" to protect YOUR privacy, when all it does is that YOU do not see what they do anymore.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/facebook/timeline.asp

"Hoaxes" like these two are the main reason why I barely repost things. Sometimes I share Youtube videos (including mine, ha XD !) , sometimes the links to blog posts here, and various things... but I do not make it systematic to do so, and for example I do hide the game stuff from people who don't want to see it.

Oh well. I'll be crossing fingers. Another three posts in a row today with the "Privacy notice" that I see a few times a day. Ugh.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment